Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Day of Classy Class! :D

So yeah first day of class was pretty cool. Man.. I need coffee.. But enty who! This semester my classes are 20 mins apart.. I'm short, so it takes a little bit ((more like forever)) to get to the Campus Center from the IT building, granted the buses and I don't cross paths. I was hungry..very very hungry, so I decided to try to go to the campus center and get something to eat. In high hopes that I would catch the bus so I could get to class on time, I took the chance. Boy... was I late. And to Beth's class, of all classes. In the back of my head I was like, "Hey there's gonna be enough seats left, cause her fall class was pretty small!" Man was a I wrong as hell! D: So I searched for the hidden classroom and when I found it, not to my surprise, the lights were off and, to my surprise, the class was full as fuck! xD In the middle of the class, there sat Beth. She waved me over to take a seat by her, and given that there were no seats left, it only felt natural to do so... besides I just walked my ass off from the campus center... ya damn skippy I was gonna get in where I fit in! Dx .. But yeah the conversations were pretty cool. We touched upon a subject that I used to have constant battles with for the better part of my life: what is considered to be art. Damn... this is a long paragraph... hm..

I already made it up in my mind that art is subjective as hell, and if it leaves an impression then I consider it art; whether its man made or not. And you know what let's say that art can only be considered art when it is man made. What can we call man made? Does something have to be physically shaped and crafted to be considered man-made? Or can we take it to a higher level and say that something can she reshaped and created emotionally? Example: We talked about a supernova being a work of art.. No, man didn't take all the elements required to create such a wonder, and physically make it, but the impression that it had on witnesses could allow man to deem it as a work of art, simply because of it's beauty and the impression that it left. On an emotional level, in deeper view of the wonder before him, man defined this breath taking phenomenon as a work of art. Nature created it, and who are we to say that art wasn't its intention? We don't know. Honestly to save myself from diving into a deep ass world of philosophical thoughts, I'm just gonna fall back and say that art is subjective. If somebody is captivated by something so ((more or less)) simple as a piece of a shoelace, I believe they have the right to deem it a piece of art. They took the emotion they had for it and saw it in a whole new light that no one else could. NEXT!

lol. So yeah class was pretty interesting, and I listened to everybody's opinion and respected them all. I can't wait to have more conversations in class like this. Also, to touch upon that music piece. I'm gonna be honest, I started picturing music playin in that video...so yeah he created music.. he just left it up to the imagination. xD But enty who, til next time. O.V. and O.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment